Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm Sorry, The Arcade Fire

I have to apologize to The Arcade Fire. for a while there, i didn't care for them. and not only that, i was vocaly abrasive, and even negative toward their existence. well, i dont know what made me do it . . . maybe it was my interminable curiosity. maybe it was the nagging need to understand people around me, and why they like things that suck, maybe i just needed to use up some downloads on Emusic. whatever it was, the other day i picked up Neon Bible, and, i have to say. . . it is FAN-TASTIC! that album is so good, i must have listened to 100 times already. almost as many times as i listened to Coconut Records. well . . . Arcade Fire . . . i'm sorry. and. . . i salute your genius.

right now i'm listening to that new one by The Shins. so good.

in other news: saw Wilco the other day, out touring for their new album Sky Blue Sky (also great). the show was full of Americans, which was interesting. hearing mostly english around you after growing accustomed to hearing mostly not-english can actually catch you off gaurd a bit. it was a fantastic show, even though they played for, like, 2 and a half hours.

who wants to start a band?

3 comments:

Sea Plus said...

Mikey, you know I want to start a band, but you'll have to play guitar so I can play bass. Or I'll be forced into back-up vocals and shakers again.

You guys just used me for my PA.

Fags.

Renegade of Funk said...

I've been eyeing some sweet maracas. Yeah, for real.

boxpilot said...

i'll happily take one for the team (or at least craig) and play the guitar in then new band, so that he can find a good excuse to quit Tasy James. . . .