Monday, May 28, 2007

Cola Light /= Cancer!

("/= " means "not equal" in todays discussion)

hooray! after reading some disturbing news today, i immediately went to the fridge at work and grabbed a Cola Light* to read the ingredients. luckily, sodium benzoate is not listed in the ingredients, and there fore will not be breaking down vital parts of my DNA, or causing cancer when mixed with vitamin C in my fizzy drink. oh man, what a relief. however, andy, you should watch out for that Dr. Pepper, which was listed specifically in the article with Fanta, Sprite and Pepsi Max for having that magic ingredient.

*Cola Light is also /= to Diet Coke, the one truebeveredge, though i am getting used to it, as long as its ice cold (sometimes hard to come by). also, Cola Light with lemon /= to Diet Coke with lemon, or Diet Cherry Coke, or that liquid crack of beveredges Black Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke.

also, regardles of the fact that above advertizement is written in German, nobody here has any idea what a "coke light" is, and if you ask for one, they look at you in bewilderment at the strange language you speak, untill a helpful native interjects "cola light" or "coca-cola light" to wich they immediately respond in the affirmative, bringing you your desired beveredge. though getting it cold, or with ice (mit ice), is some trick.

3 comments:

Sea Plus said...

I say "whatever" to scientists... Everything will give you cancer these days. And my grandma tried like crazy to avoid cancer and I'll be damned if it didn't take her in the summer of '05. (God rest her soul.) The only thing that will get me off the sodies is Divine Intervention in the form of a temple recommend interview question. There, I said it.

And one of my favorite pastimes whilst traveling abroad is to find a cold Coke. And when you find it... that is a sweet, sweet day, my friend.

boxpilot said...

indeed.

Renegade of Funk said...

don't think I didn't notice the label for this post...