Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007

Well, well, well . . . 2007 is officially upon us. And just when I feel like I was getting the hang of 2006. It seems to be an appropriate time for reflecting on the highlights of 2006, but since I don’t feel that I have the mental capacity for such reflection at the time, I will, instead, reflect only on the past couple of weeks.

Christmas time was a good time this year . . .. I went home to the Virginia, in close proximity to Washington DC. It was a rather low key Christmas time, and my man Peter came for a visit - because he had never been to the Capital of the Free World, and what better time to visit it than on the birthday of its inventor. (Happy birthday Jesus) We had a great time checking out the sites of the District, including the Spy Musem, The Smithsonian’s smattering of museums and all of the relevant monuments and locations in the town. The surprise of the trip was the Smithsonian American Art Museum. Also, often known as The National Portrait Gallery. Though I spent my formative years in the DC metropolitan area, I had never been to that museum, and it was excellent. Even better than the spy museum, which was across the street. What a find that was.


We also visited Mount Vernon, home of George Washington, First President of these United States. Usually, I find the place to be quite tranquil, but this year my mellow was sufficiently harshed by the endless throngs, whom, it would seem, were out en masse, probably due to the excellent weather . . .

Now, I’m back at work at DD for the next couple of days, and I’m trying to figure out what will be next, after this commercial project. I guess we’ll see what 2007 will bring indeed.

No comments: