Thursday, May 14, 2009

WINNER!



that's right.  after a couple of hours an one minor bit of trouble shooting, i am now typing this on the machine you see pictured above.  thanks to "mechdrew" at the MyDellMini forum, and nearly idiot proof instructions, not to mention the files i needed to make booting to my USB drives work, i now have a Hackintosh Vostro a90.  

i even uploaded my picture from the SD card in the SD card reader.  just one of the many (mini?) reasons to build your own.  (no, Britneys new Macbook doesn't have an SD card reader built in, how about THAT!?)  and it only cost about $350.  250 for the netbook from Dell Small Business, and 100 for OSX on Amazon. 

has my inner geek been satiated?  sure.  for now.  untill i upgrade the ram to 2gb for, like, 25 bucks.  BOO YAH!

2 comments:

dan said...

I need that now!

Meg said...

I don't know what all this computer jibberish means but you should take this schmancy computer and make one of these for Zoey http://theindigobunting.blogspot.com/2009/05/baloos-board-book.html
I saw this today and thought it was fun. You are all crafty/artsy like that and could totally do something fun. We need more Zoey pics.